I did a lot of good reading in 2018 and was introduced to new favorite people, authors, and series. Here is a list of 12 books I’m really excited to read or see out in the world.
The books are in order of release. Any book marked with a * means that I have read it.
Stand-Alones and Collections
- Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen (January 2019)*
- A People’s Future of the United States edited by Victor Lavalle and John Joseph Adams (February 2019)
- City in the Middle of the Night by Charlie Jane Anders (February 2019)
- Internment by Samira Ahmed (March 2019)
- Riverland by Fran Wilde (April 2019)
- Birthday by Meredith Russo (May 2019)
- Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey (June 2019)
- Destroy All Monsters by Sam J. Miller (July 2019)
- Pan’s Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun by Guillermo del Toro and Cornelia Funke (July 2019)
Series Starters and Sequels
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty (January 2019)
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden (January 2019)
- The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore (March 2019)
- Ruse by Cindy Pon (March 2019)
- Wicked Saints by Emily R. Duncan (April 2019)
- Jade War by Fonda Lee (May 2019)
- The Ascent to Godhood by J.Y. Yang (July 2019)
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang (August 2019)
- Dark Dawn by Jay Kristoff (September 2019)
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (September 2019)
What are you hype for?