I am going to start announcing the books I intend to read per month, starting with January 2020.
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- The Fortress by S.A. Jones (ARC)
- The Never-Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim (ARC)
- Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (Library Borrow)
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (Library Borrow)
- Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda and Valynne E. Maetani (ARC)
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (Library Borrow)
- Blackfish City by Sam J. Miller (Library Borrow)
I received an eARC of Song of Blood & Stone (2018) from St, Martin’s Press and this swoony historical fantasy is a treat. The first in the Earthsinger Chronicles, we follow Jack and Jasminda as they race against magic, two powerful rulers, and their roles in society to save the world from war and an ancient evil. I really enjoyed the romance between the two main characters but also loved the fully-realized world and the very real tension between Lagrimar and Elsira. Read more for an interview with Leslye Penelope about bringing the Earthsinger Chronicles to life and some of her favorite reads and sources of inspiration.
Because I don’t believe in relaxing or free time, I took on a reading challenge inspired by “The 12 Days of Christmas” in which I wanted to read 12 books between December 25th and January 5th. I got pretty close to 12, reading nine.