2020 was trash, but brought us many, many gifts in terms of books that came out. Here are the presents coming to us in 2021 that I’m personally far too excited to read.Continue reading
June was my birthday! I wound up reading a whole bunch of ARCs, a few new favorites, and even interviewed K.A. Doore to celebrate the release of the Chronicles of Ghadid finale, The Unconquered City.
In addition the blog, you will now be able to find my reviews on The StoryGraph, in addition to Goodreads. My handle is JoReadsBooks
Rating: 5/5 stars
Genre: Adult Horror Novellas
Year Release: 2020
|Content warning for suicide ideation, blood consumption, gore, violence, manipulation
Genevieve Gornichec’s “A Sheep Among Wolves” performed by Erika Ishii
Cassandra Khaw’s “Fine Print” performed by Neil Kaplan
Caitlin Starling’s “Land of Milk and Honey” performed by Xe Sands
A must-listen for people needing more vampire stories in their life.
I read most of May’s TBR. Check out this month’s reading list, trying to crunch through my ARCs and things that are in progress according to Goodreads. Things with a * are from last month’s TBR.
- Bent Heavens by Daniel Kraus*
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon, Daveed Diggs, William Hutson, Jonathan Snipes
- The Never-Tilting World by Rin Chupeco*
- Scapegracers by Hannah Abigail Clarke (ARC)*
- The Court of Miracles by Kester Grant (ARC)*
- Flotsam (Peridot Shift #1) by R.J. Theodore*
- In progress
- The Glass Magician by Caroline Stevermer (ARC)*
- Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (ARC)*
- Ring Shout by P. Djeli Clark (ARC)
- Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano (ARC)
- Steering the Craft: A Twenty-First-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story by Ursula K. Le Guin*
A Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. Brown (ARC)
- Highfire by Eoin Colfer*
- The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons #2) by Jenn Lyons
- Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall*
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
Walk Among Us by Genevieve Gornichec, Cassandra Khaw, Caitlin Starling White Tears by Hari Kunzru
In terms of other reads, I have a novel and a short story to beta read. My own work will continue marinating in the back of my head as I prepare for the rewrite.